Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Scream Scream Scream, Rock






Staying with the harder guitar routine, I found another band that classifies themselves as a Metal, Punk, Gothic band called Wednesday 13. This band is a step up and in a different direction than the last one I listened to. The title surely fits the type of music they make. If even some people call it music. I'll go ahead and say, I'm not a fan, not at all. Some hard rock with some yelling is good, and I know I'm picky about that. The lyrics in the song, "Bad Things". The lead vocalists repeats that they want Bad Things to happen to you. Hm, maybe this song would motivate me to get in a fight at a bar or something...but it just doesn't hit me as a favorite. Never the less they do sound like they could be on the Bonus List of songs for the next Guitar Hero. Lol. Oh well it seems enough people like their stuff... They have some shows in Major Cities in the U.S. this year. I won't be downloading this stuff anytime soon. As usual the 2nd song on their play list is better than the 1st. I give these guys a 6 out of 10... with some room to grow. I don't think they'd ever make it MAIN Stream, but the certainly have some fans already apparently. These three guys probably listen to some good music if you hung out with them for a night, and just listening to them freestyle on an electric is probably insane. Its just that voice, it really is like a Punk version of METAL. The whiney, yet screaming voice just tips me over the edge. I'd stay away, I'm sure there is more pleasing things to my ears to find. I think they need to make up their mind with route they want to take, because the hybrid doesnt work. But i give them points for even trying something new.

What a weird combination of genre's. http://www.wednesday13.com

No comments: