Sunday, January 20, 2008

Getting a little more Serrrr-us








Steppin', well actulaly, jumpin away from the acoustic scene and going face first into some harder tunes... I'm listening to the band Difinity. Its hard to pick a group that sounds similar to these Alberton, Canada natives. At first... it feels like punk rock with some harder guitars in the back ground. THEN, OUT OF NO WHERE comes some straight up throat clearing SCREAMING. caught me way off guard. Then it dawned on me... these guys sounds like Story of the Year. I got it, i knew no one could escape my criticism and comparisons. Yep, thats it...they sounds identical to what Story of the Year did. I'd even throw a slight mix of what Trapt used to sound like into this mix as well. Just because this Maple Leaf guy sounds a bit like their lead singer. The song that was playing right of the bat was, "Time wasged War and Won". I'll have to say its not bad music, im not always a hudge fan of the ScrEAmin' stuff, but i did have the Story of the Year cd a few years back. It could be worse, they could be 100% Emo. Their photo looks like they could tip that way soon. BUT WHATever. I knew i could find a group that these guys immitated, no band will go uncriticized on my blog, I promise that. These guitars sound good though, i wish they had more than two songs to offer without having to log into thier page, or whatever you need to do. The second song sounds even more identical to Trapt and Story of the Year. And maybe that makes me like them more...but when the heck is somebody going to not sound like someone else in music. The chances are not looking good...

Rock on North of the Border.

No comments: