Monday, January 14, 2008

The Scene Aesthetic


The first group on the chop block is.......



The Scene Aesthetic, A group from Washington. Relatively new it seems 2005, but looks like thier on the up and up. Probably plenty of heads out there that have this on an ipod. If you don't know, I appreciate all types of music. The first song that I caught on their MySpace Page is "To The Steadfast". This might not be something I would listen to regularly....it seems to fit the stereotype of being some what indie-emo. Yeah, i have my favorites too....The guitar and strings are good, its a pleasant and peaceful. I definitely dig acoustics, I try and play some myself. If i was listening to just the instrumentals I could probably crack a six pack and chill on a porch a about dusk and relax to this. However, I don't know how well i like one of the voices. The whiney pitch just doesn't do it for me sometimes. The second song picked up my attention span a little bit, there wasnt the attempt to hit too many high notes that sounded like they might indeed crack the glass of my window. I think this band grew up listening to New Found Glory. Don't get me wrong, i rocked out to some NFG back in the D-A-Z. When the song mellowed out I grew to like it a little bit. This is a group that I would be picky with which songs i listened to. Then again even Dashboard Confessional grew on me.... But it took 5 years. WE will see if i catch them on the t.v. or something.

http://www.myspace.com/thesceneaesthetic

No comments: