Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Genre Mixing


Took some time off for my birthday. Alot of time. And I happened to hear one of my favorite songs of all time. And this happens to be Garth Brook's "Low Places". Love it, and I couldn't help but to sing it out loud with my friends when it came on. Then I went and won a game of Wii Bowling at the bar when it was over. It was a great night. But it got me thinking, I wonder if there is any new country artists coming out that might be worth my time... hm Probably not. I noticed Jason Aldean is coming to the New Port at OSU pretty soon. I might have to catch that concert..I have yet to go to the NP MH since i've transfered here. Couple bands have come that i've considered. About 5 million people were lined up for One Republic, i wonder if someone told these people that Timbaland was NOT part of the group. They were just on his cd. Timbaland has made a couple of non hip hop bands kind of famous on his new album. This is what i like the most, the blending of the genres. I think it goes well, it semi- started with Linkin Park and Jay-Z. I used to listen to that before every soccer game in college...it got me pumped i wont lie to ya. I've seen nelly mix with tim mcgraw hiphop/country. It was alright, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. I wonder if music has hit a wall an there is only so far you can take it. When we're like 50 and our kids are listening to stuff what will it be. Will they really play Gin and Juice on like oldies 100.7?? I think it's semi hilarious. They will probably need one station per genre for "oldies" in about 20 years. There will be so many collaboration's between genre artists that we wont even have a Genre anymore.

No comments: